пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

framingham heart study




I have to mention that I went to a talk today by a landscape architect, talking about the need for good water management planning in conjunction with new developments (warning: new and foreign concept to Atlanta developers).� He talked about a proposal his team made for some prime real estate in Toronto, which ultimately was awarded to a different, less environmentally friendly but cheaper bid.� I was struck, though, by the guyapos;s vocabulary.� Though a French native and Swiss resident, the guy used English words I didnapos;t understand, like topology (apparently an areaapos;s topographic history) and de-multiply.� De-multiply?� In front of a scientific audience?� Maybe the word he was looking for was "divide".� Anyways, I was overall reminded of the gaps between what Iapos;ll call "liberal arts" academics and "scientist" academics...If anyone out there wants to talk about de-multiplication, please leave me out of the conversation.
framingham heart study, framingham heart study results, framingham heart study score sheet.



Комментариев нет: