понедельник, 13 октября 2008 г.

find community colleges




A (hopefully) short list to compare pregnancies thus far:

Pregnancy #1: (Sam)
Nausea was somewhat manageable- had a few bad weeks of just laying on the couch unable to eat. I think I lost maybe 7-8 lbs. Not too bad.
Exhaustion- Not bad at all, considering I only had myself to chase... :)
Body Aches- Maybe a little muscle soreness, but nothing to whine about. I canapos;t clearly recall for the fog has gotten worse in my brain in the memory department.
Memory- I think this is the one that caused my memory to slip away quietly. "If you donapos;t use it you lose it" would describe this symptom perfectly....
Regularity- Times things slowed down enough to be noticed: 1
Diet- Mostly sweets, or chocolate in nature. Nothing really turned me apos;offapos; foodwise. Didnapos;t have much of an appetite for protein. Ate it anyway... Sometimes. Did a lot of Carnation instant breakfast. That was my protein fix, I guess.

Pregnancy #2: (Baby girl Cecil)
Nausea- was ok for like the first three weeks. Then it hit the level that I had with Sam. Then it continued to torture me for the next couple of months in escalating levels. Just when I thought throwing up for the third time in a day was going to be my end, I threw up five times for the next six days... Yay, healthy baby. Sheapos;d better be, I might feel a little cheated. I think the longest time periods I made it off the couch were for church and life group. I was sorely tempted to not go. That would have been worse for my mind than the torture of *finally* getting something in my stomach, and thinking things would be ok... Only to run to the bathroom.
I was on a major hair trigger with the gag reflex.
Our (My) theory as to why it was sooo bad this time around:
My body was severely depleted by the first pregnancy, and nursing for 15 months nutritionally.
My liver had taken a nasty beating due to my food choices. Milk Thistle supplements helped with the bile episodes.
My fetus turned out to be a baby girl on her way. Perhaps her hormones were joining with mine in an effort to torture me a little. (Happy about having a girl. I will be taking measures to nourish my body before another pregnancy, so I can keep up with the children a little better than this go-round.)
I lost 12 lbs this time, but not for a lack of eating. It was a lack of ability to keep it down. Iapos;m surprised Iapos;m still alive.
Nausea vanished at 14 weeks. We went on a trip to Colorado. They fed me there. A lot. I think I gained back some of my stomach capacity for now.

Exhaustion- Much more pronounced need for sleep, since I donapos;t feel like Iapos;m getting enough. I wake up between 7:30-8:00 am, and most days need a nap by 2 pm. I crash right around 10:30, and just shut down, much to the dismay of my husband.

Body aches- Yup, got them, and if I recall correctly much earlier in this pregnancy than with Sam. And I whine about them. Iapos;m not sure if itapos;s because of the rough nausea echoing back, or if Iapos;m just more vocal about my discomfort. Could be both.

Memory- Iapos;m still coping with what Iapos;m pretty sure is a deficit from having Sam. Oh well, I guess Iapos;m losing it for life at this rate..

Regularity- One of the things I lost during my forced extended fast and purge period was the ability to poo. When you just donapos;t have it, you just canapos;t go. I never thought I would praise God for a poo of my own.. I have. Itapos;s weird.
Nowadays, things have slowed digestively. It sucks. I do try to stay hydrated in order to have any hope of a quick visit. I find that Iapos;m eating more fruit, and hope.

Diet- Iapos;m slowly learning that if I want to feel good in the morning, sugary cereal is not the stand alone breakfast for me. Dizziness, a bit of nausea, and low blood pressure result. I feel almost like I might black out if Iapos;m standing, and came close once.
My food group of choice has been protein, and bacon seems to be a winner for me. You might be able to get me to eat eggs, but they would have to be scrambled. Or in egg drop soup. (Hmm.. I feel inspiration for dinner coming on... I should be working on that instead of typing this..)
I have been so much more conscious about making sure I get some for of protein. This is a good thing. It means Iapos;m better about making meals for my toddler (stubborn little booger) that include protein. Yay, Iapos;m becoming a better mommy.


So, that about sums up my thoughts for now.
As of this point I am 22 almost 23 weeks into pregnancy number 2. Iapos;m mostly loving it. Except right now for the achy body and exhaustion. I think Iapos;ll choose to remember only the fun parts off the top of my head....

fireplace grate pipe, find community colleges, find community college, find common ground, find common denominators, find common denominator.



Комментариев нет: